Dalibor Sternadel joined PPMI as a researcher in 2015. He specialises in education and training, employment and social policies. Prior to joining PPMI, Dalibor worked as a consultant in an international public relations agency and as a parliamentary assistant in the European Parliament, where he specialised in migration and asylum policies. He has a broad interdisciplinary background with degrees in sociology, European studies and human rights law.
Key areas of expertise
- Policy areas: education and training; employment, social affairs and inclusion; migration and asylum
- Methods: qualitative and quantitative research methods including desk research, literature reviews, in-depth and semi-structured interviews, case studies, surveys (SurveyGizmo), open public consultations, qualitative data analysis (NVivo)
- Postgraduate MA in Human Rights Law (Cum Laude), Saint-Louis University Brussels, Belgium, 2013
- MA in European Studies (Magna Cum Laude), Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, 2012
- BA in Sociology, Paris-Sorbonne University, France, 2010
- Exchange Programme, California State University, East Bay, United States, 2009-2010
- Joint Research Centre (JRC) Evidence and Policy Summer School on Migration and Demographic Change, Senec, Slovakia, September 2017
- Certificate on European Union Law and Policy on Immigration and Asylum, Odysseus Network, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium, July 2013
- Czech Studies Programme, Charles University, Prague, 2007-2008
Study: Assessment of public interventions to combat labour market segmentation in the EU Member States (Eurofound, 2018-2019)
Evaluation of the European Heritage Label action (European Commission, DG EAC, 2018)
Evaluation of the ETF Functions (European Training Foundation, 2018)
Evaluation of the Torino Process (European Training Foundation, 2018)
Support study for a pilot project for the development of digital skills through internships (European Commission, DG CNCT, 2017-2018)
Evaluation of the EU Agencies under the remit of DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion: Eurofound, Cedefop, ETF and EU-OSHA (European Commission, DG EMPL, 2016-2017)
Study on Supporting School Innovation across Europe (European Commission, DG EAC, 2015-2017)
Study of business participation and entrepreneurship in Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (FP7 and Horizon 2020) (DG EAC, 2016-2017)
Study on Preparing Teachers for Diversity: The Role of Initial Teacher Education (European Commission, DG EAC, 2015-2016)
Network of experts on social aspects of education and training (NESET) (European Commission, DG Education and Culture, 2015-2018)
Support to the Launch of the Successor Programme to Progress, EURES and Progress Microfinance Facility (EaSI) and the Monitoring of its Performance (European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, 2013-2015)
Kerzil, J., Sternadel, D. (2018). ‘Prise en compte de la diversité en formation initiale des enseignant(e)s en France : des prescriptions officielles aux maquettes de formation’ [Preparing for diversity in initial teacher education in France: from official recommendations to the curriculum]. Éducation et francophonie. Numéro thématique ‘Pluralisme, équité et rapports ethniques dans la formation du personnel des milieux éducatifs’.
McDougall, J., Zezulkova, M., van Driel, B., Sternadel, D. (2018). Teaching media literacy in Europe: evidence of effective school practices in primary and secondary education. NESET Analytical Report 2/2018. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.
European Commission (2018). Supporting school innovation across Europe. Study prepared by PPMI for DG EAC. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.
Siarova, H., Sternadel, D., Mašidlauskaitė, R. (2017). 'Assessment practices for 21st century learning: review of evidence', NESET Report, Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.
European Commission (2017). Preparing Teachers for Diversity: The Role of Initial Teacher Education. Study prepared by PPMI for DG EAC. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.
Budginaitė, I., Siarova, H., Sternadel, D., Mackonytė, G., Spurga, S. (2016). ‘Policies and practices for more equality and inclusion in and through education: Evidence and policy guidance from European research projects funded under FP6 and FP7’, NESET report. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.
Banelytė, V., Sternadel, D., Brožaitis, H. (2016). ‘Monitoring good practices in the areas of employment, social affairs and inclusion. Report on examples of projects funded by DG EMPL in 2012-2015’. Brussels: European Commission, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion.