Information society development in Lithuania 2014-2020: the main trends and priorities
The project team:
- analysed the development of Lithuanian information society from 2007 to 2011 and discussed scenarios for 2014-2020;
- carried out case studies in five countries that are among the leaders in the field of information society (Austria, Canada, Estonia, United Kingdom and USA);
- analysed EU policies on information society for 2014-2020;
- suggested priorities, goals and measures for information society policy;
- organised a stakeholders' seminar to discuss the results of research.
The research was based on statistical data, analysis of Lithuanian and EU's documents and laws, and interviews. The study suggested eight key policy initiatives for 2014-2022. For each of these initiatives the study proposed actions for implementation, financing sources, responsible institutions and time-frame. It also put forward the key information society development targets for 2014-2022. In addition, the study suggested a model for coordinating the support from Structural funds on information society in Lithuania. Results of the study should be used for programming the EU support for information society development in Lithuania.